For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Monday, February 8, 2010

Exercise for Everyday

I don't exercise on the weekends. Yes, I know I should but, to be honest, I am lazy on weekends. I want to exercise on weekends but I don't make myself. Someday I am hoping to start exercising on the weekend but until then I will stick with what I am doing.

A few weeks ago when I was cleaning and doing general chores around the house I realized I could easily add some exercise into the routine. I started thinking about it and put my thoughts into practice. Here are a few...

Doing Dishes...run or dance in place, when putting dishes away do lunges across the kitchen or bicep curls with the dishes you are putting away

Doing laundry...when bending over to sort clothes or get them out of the hamper or clothes basket do dead lifts or squats, instead of grabbing a bunch of pieces of clothing at once only grab one at a time increasing the number of times you bend

Vacuuming...hold your abs in to help tighten them

Putting items away...don't grab a bunch of things at once, take only a couple increasing the number of steps you have to take

Run up your stairs instead of taking your time.

While these may not seem like you are doing much I truly believe that more activity than you got before will help, even if it is a small change. Try putting these into practice and come up with some of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment